|Position Title:||Facility Staff Internship|
|Position Status:||Full-Time, Summer Student, Internship|
|Reports To:||Facility Manager|
|Term:||12-16 weeks (30-35 hours/week)|
|Start Date:||May 2020|
BURLINGTON SOCCER CLUB:
The Burlington Soccer Club (BSC), a not-for-profit organization, was established in 1962. Today, the Club has a tremendous amount of both male and female, youth and adult, soccer players and is one of the largest soccer Clubs in Ontario. The BSC is home to the Burlington Bayhawks and is proud of its competitive team successes over the years, including 42 provincial championships and 13 national championships.
As part of the Facilities team, the candidate will assist in the set up and take down of fields Monday through Thursday evenings. They will assist with coordination of game day and training equipment at various fields in Burlington and interact with Club membership and coaches.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Responsible for set up and take down of fields
- Assist with game day and training equipment coordination
- Interact with Club membership and coaches
HOURS & EXPECTATIONS:
- Start Date: Mid May to Mid/End of August
- Mondays & Wednesdays – 4:30 pm to 9:30 pm
- Tuesdays & Thursdays – 2:30 pm to 10:30 pm
- Some Saturday mornings when needed
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Current enrollment or interest to enroll in an undergraduate course
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Multitasking abilities
- Some heavy lifting required
- Must have valid G Drivers License
Expressions of interest including career profiles (CV with Cover Letter) will be accepted until filled and should be sent confidentially to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information provided by or about candidates for these positions will be used only for candidate election. We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to respond; however only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Applicants must have authorization to work in Ontario.
As a member of the BSC Team, this position requires a police background check and clearance with respect to persons working with vulnerable persons.